Oil Boiler Repair and Installation
Reliability and Efficiency When You Need It
Oil boilers are still widely used in many homes today. Like other types of boilers, oil is an efficient fuel source as it can heat up large amounts of water very quickly. In some newer, more efficient models, you may have the option to use recycled oil or bio-diesel fuels.
Oil boilers are a good water heating solution if you do not have the option to connect a natural gas line to your home, or if you have unreliable electric connections as you can still access hot water in a power outage. You will also need plenty of basement space to keep an oil reserve tank.
How It Works
Oil boilers operate very similarly to other boilers. There are a few differences in the oil boilers: the fuel source and circulation of water. In a typical boiler, you have a burner, which in this case, oil fuel is ignited and the heat exchanger transfers heat to the water in the pipes that travels through the home to provide heat in room’s radiators and drinking water. For an oil boiler, a fuel provider is needed to deliver oil into your oil reserve tank—typically located in your basement.
Unlike a gas boiler, you will also need a circulation pump. Although a convection current is present as the water heats up, it does not generate enough speed to circulate the water through the heat exchanger. The pump provides additional circulation. If the pump were to fail, the water would turn to steam, pressurizing the heat exchanger. This could cause pipes to either burst or melt. It is strongly recommended to have a professional clean and maintain your boiler and all of it components for the safety of the equipment.
Benefits of Oil Boilers
- Oil burns evenly and quickly.
- Recycled oil or bio-diesel fuel can be used.
- Some models can be installed outdoors, as well as indoors.
- Hot water is still available during power outages.
- Oil boilers offer an efficient solution in combination with a hot water heater for your domestic water needs.
- Prices on oil are expensive and change often based on availability and location.
- High demand for oil and its available resource may lead to temporary shortages or outages.
- A chimney or external vent to expel gas is required for installation.
- A storage tank for oil takes up a lot of space in the home.
OIL BOILER PRIORITY SERVICE & MAINTENANCE
Oil boilers should produce little to no emissions, and it can take a trained eye to spot a problem. Receive a complete once-over plus new fuel filter cartridges and burner nozzles. Most other key components, including burner fans and motors, are included with labor free of charge.